Friday, November 10, 2017
Wednesday, November 1, 2017
Stage 7: CENA
- Perfect tense (VSUX; biberunt)
- Sentences with subject omitted
- Ghost stories are told
- There is a mysterious death
- Roman burial customs
- Roman beliefs about the afterlife
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
Thursday, October 5, 2017
October 5 - 16
- Nominative Plural
- 3rd Person Plural Present Tense Verbs
- The Theater: actors & performances; pantomime and comedy
- The family goes to the theater; Poppaea, a slave girl, meets her boyfriend
This is a mini-project on Roman culture. Look at the three choices below, choose one of the topics that interest you and complete the project. Today (10/5) will be the only day we work in class, so make sure you save your work to your google docs or what have you.
The Roman Civilization Center mini-project is due Monday, 10/9. Please include a works cited page; this does not need to be a formal MLA or APA works cited, just a list of websites (urls) and/or books you used.
Wednesday, September 20, 2017
September 15 - October 3
- Persons of Verbs
- The Forum of Pompeii
- Caecilius gets swindled in a business deal, but is triumphant in the end
- Stage 4 Vocabulary Word Wall
- THE DERIVATIVE GAME!
- Model Sentences
- Vocab Pre-quiz
- Review Model Sentences
- Language: Verbs: 1st & 2nd Persons (singular)
- HW: read “Hermogenes”: write Three Facts and a Fib
- Vocab Quiz
- “Hermogenes”: do Three Facts and a Fib
- “in basilica” read and act out
- Warm-up: Practicing the Language exercise 1 (electronic)
- Practicing the Language 2 (in WebBook): Grumio et leo p47
- Read the Culture Section and complete worksheet (The Forum of Pompeii)
- Review Culture
- The Culture Game
- Culture Quiz
- HW: Study for Language Quiz (When we get back from Break)
- Warm-up: What are you doing? & Who am I? (worksheet); and games on Cambridge
- Language Quiz
- Stage 5 Vocabulary
September 5 - 14
Language: Nouns: Cases & Declensions
Culture: The Town of Pompeii
Story: Caecilius goes about town meeting the different inhabitants (a la Mr. Rogers)
1. Test Corrections
2. Stage Three Vocabulary: Word Wall
3. The Derivative Game
4. “in foro”
1. Voc Pre-Quiz
2. Review “in foro”
3. Language: Nouns: Cases & Declensions
4. Read “artifex”: assignment
1. Vocabulary Quiz
2. Language: PTL 2; meanings
3. Review “artifex”
4. Read Culture, Activities
1. Warm-up: PTL 1
2. Culture Game: Kahoot
3. Culture Quiz
4. “tonsor” read and worksheet
1. Warm-up: Categorize all the nouns in “tonsor”. How would you organize them?
2. Review “tonsor”
3. “venalicius” Read & make a cartoon (at least 10 frames)
1. Review and vote on best cartoons
2. Language Game: Kahoot!
3. Language Quiz
4. Stage 4 Vocabulary
Tuesday, August 29, 2017
Tuesday, August 15, 2017
Congratulations! You have been accepted into the ECMS Latin program. This is a high school level class in which you can receive credit for successful completion. Below is some important information that you will need to know.
- Class begins 8/14 at 8am (that is this Monday!). You may enter the building at 7:45 (this will be true everyday).
- Latin class is Monday - Thursday with Fridays reserved for make-up work, help sessions, and Latin club activities (optional but fun!). However, in the event that we miss a day (Mon-Thur), then we will use Friday to make up for that missed day (for instance we will have a Friday class on 9/8 since we don't have school on that Monday).
- The Latin class meets in the learning lab on the front hallway (front entrance, turn right, 1st computer lab on the left).
- We will be using an online textbook; if you do not have internet access at home please let me know and I will make arrangements for a book.
- Attendance is extremely important! Excessive absences may result in removal from the class.